On the blog.....

Sunday 28 June 2015

Life's A Beach

My perfect day consists of a basket of food, comfy chair, parasol (I need my shade) and a good sea view. I won't lie and claim any beach will do. Given the choice I would clearly prefer the perfect shores of Florida, but a close second is Coldingham Bay in St Abbs, Scotland. We go there every Summer - it really is the perfect British beach....cafe, toilets (always a relief), golden sands, surfing, rocks for crabbing, the cutest beach huts and nothing else.

A floaty kaftan would look out of place in Scotland - usual attire is denim shorts and a woolly jumper, but elsewhere in the World I like to up my game. This is an area of my wardrobe that needs some attention. Here's my plan of action....

Kaftan

I bought a black kaftan from Hush earlier this year - very nice, very chic, but I think my next kaftan will be bolder and brighter. This week another new catalogue dropped through my letterbox - Aspiga. I've never come across their name before, so excited to hear about a new brand. Many of their supplies are sourced from small workforces in India and Kenya - supporting local communities and not mass produced. I love their Geo and Ocean Stripes Kaftans - they look perfectly styled with a bit of gold jewellery. Their range is well worth a look - I'm also tempted by the flattering claims of their twist swimsuits, the glamour of their beaded clutch bags and their stylish and very affordable Kikoy and Hammam towels.


Geo Kaftan - Aspiga £48
(Strangely couldn't find online....sold out?)



Me in Moontide Bandeau Swimsuit
£72 Aspiga (OK - just kidding!)


Pink Stripe Kikoy Towel/Picnic Rug
£20 Aspiga


Basket

There is only one beach basket on my wish list. This monogramed long handled basket from Rae Feather is beautiful, understated chic, perfect for carrying my beach essentials. An investment at £150, but I think a good investment that will service NS well for many years to come. It's just a matter of time and a few hints to set the scene.


Monogram Basket
£150 Rae Feather


Picnic

A crucial part of British beach life. I love a good wicker picnic basket - but carrying food plus enough sporting equipment to host my own Olympic Games - a wicker basket is just more weight that can't be distributed between me, Hubby and 2 lazy kids. This year I vow to ditch the Ikea laundry bag, and will WOW Scotland with a new bright, funky picnic range from one of my trusty favourites - Anorak.


Kissing Rabbits Lightweight Cooler Bag
Anorak £38

Kissings Rabbits Picnic Blanket
Anorak £36


Melamine Picnic Range
Anorak from £4.50
(Horse mad Daughter will love!)
Bring on Summer x






No comments:

Post a Comment