On the blog.....

Sunday 14 June 2015

Prickly Post

Inspired

Cactus Vase - £45 Graham & Green

I'm busy making plans for our next BIG holiday to Mexico, so it's not surprising that I'm drawn to all things vibrant and, well....Mexican looking. The latest Graham & Green offerings landed through my door this week, and this little prickly cactus vase caught my eye. I love the colour and cool texture and have a few places in mind to show this beauty off - against the orange backdrop in the kitchen, the white hallway walls, or as a conservatory talking point next to a once bright pink sofa (curse you sun for fading my pride & joy!). 


Bell Jar Lamp - £130 Graham & Green

I love all things flamingo (glasses, prints, socks, necklace, cushions - you get the message), so this lamp not surprisingly caught my eye. I think it's fabulous and would look right at home on my bedside table. For anyone tempted, the catalogue came with a 10% site wide discount code valid until 31/8/15 - H15C10.


Quality

Blogging about uber cool brand SelfishMother is not ground-breaking I know - let's face it, that's how I discovered their new range. What's not clear though is whether or not it's all name and no substance - what's your guess? 

My new slogan tee arrived recently (service is super speedy) and I love that it's made from thick cotton material and cut quite loose fitting (I have the M). For my Mumsy figure it skims in all the right places and can easily be worn with any of my jeans - an impressive claim eh? With this tee, there is certainly no sign of my well established muffin top....a problem I often find with thinner tees worn with fitted jeans. 

Of course the dark colour helps here, but have to say, due to the thick quality, I really don't think it would be a problem even in a lighter shade. I'm really tempted to order their non-slogan plain tee's at just £20 - their quality beats other brands I've tried hands down and with a huge percentage of sales supporting a great cause, I think it's a no-brainer of a purchase.

Charcoal Tee - SelfishMother  £30


Minion

My eldest is in dire need of a new bike - bring on a trip to Halfords! At just 10 it seems a childs 24" wheel will probably only last a year, so on the advise of the professionals, we're now looking at buying a 14" frame from the adult range. 

Here's the problem - at 10 she still wants a funky bright pink bike, but the adult range are uninspiring at best - white frames with wishy washy logos is top of a poor choice in the kind of price range that is acceptable to pay for a 10 year olds bike that is left in random places when she's out and about.

Someone out there please design a cool range of bikes for growing kids and soon to be teenagers that goes along the lines of this reserved helmet.......we love it! If you know of such a range, I'm all ears.

Minion Helmet - Halfords




No comments:

Post a Comment