On the blog.....

Monday 22 June 2015

What A Tart!

Wore

I bought the Ascot dress from Hush a good few weeks ago and have been looking forward to wearing it when the weather warms up.....It was a stroke of luck that after a miserable day, the weather turned last Saturday night just in time for a girls night out!


Ascot Dress - Hush on offer £75
(Normally £95)

This dress comes up really big - I'm wearing a 10 which is unheard of since I was.... well age 10. Not sure if this is a marketing trick to fool us ladies into thinking we can squeeze into a smaller size, but it did the trick with me - I felt fantastic in this dress. I chose not to wear a bra (the girls were shocked by my frivolity) and have to say this worked better with the crochet back - no unsightly back cleavage for me, and because it was quite close fitting at the front, it seemed to hold everything in place quite well. Teamed with glitter Palmairas sandals, Skagen bag and bracelet - even though I say so myself, it was a pretty pleasing result.


On a roll now......

Three glasses of Prosecco later, I'm just tucking into THE most amazing chocolate and salted caramel tart - without all my faculties it was proving very difficult to cut. The tart had been chilled within an inch of it's life, the caramel had hardened and the chocolate top seemed to come away from the base. I never give up on food, so wrestled on.....Clearly I should have quit while I was still ahead, for seconds later the base of the tart slid across my plate and landed face down on my lap (yes - the part not covered by a napkin). There were gasps around the table, followed by my fake casual claims that it 'wasn't a problem' and I'm sure someone else lied 'I can't even see it'.

Back home and a quick change into PJ's confirmed the dress is hand wash. I did as instructed and hung the dress up to assess the damage....couldn't tell at this stage - should I stay up and watch it dry??

Fast forward to the next day and I'm happy to report all that's left is a very minor mark, and given the generous folds of this dress, my tart disaster is barely noticeable. If anyone out there can invent a stylish adult bib - really, I'm in!!

So I easily rate this dress 10/10 - easy to wear, very stylish, little bit edgy with the crochet panels, and most importantly washes like a dream. Well done Hush.

We had a lovely family BBQ later on Sunday with Hubby in charge of the grill. He generally breezes through life without any of my toddler antics. The tables turned this Fathers Day though - two dirty big splodges of burger grease down his brand new Abercrombie & Fitch shorts.....don't worry love, I know a girl who can work wonders with a stain and a bottle of Persil ;o)

P.S

Sunday marked the last of a 3 week footy tournament in our local park. Here's my youngest showing off his silverware.... *Beams with Pride*


No comments:

Post a Comment