On the blog.....

Wednesday 5 August 2015

The Artful Dodger

Artful

Whilst my children love to dabble in art, I am utterly, utterly hopeless! This became apparent during art class at high school when we had to draw a 3-d object. Stuck for inspiration, I chose my keyring (?) - it took me a full term of classes to produce anything remotely resembling a keyring. So, it's hardly surprising that I have no desire or confidence to dabble in the world of art ever again!

If my children ask for help mid arty session - I have 2 suggestions......'Have you tried You Tube?', and 'Ask your Dad when he gets home'.

However, events this week have made me think there is hope even for this artful dodger. I stumbled across these 'drawing with numbers' sketches and even I managed to produce a picture worthy of sharing! I showed Hubby and his response was 'I think that's the only decent thing I've ever seen you draw'. Praise indeed!

So, I'm sharing these for any other artful dodgers out there who have opted to pass on art sessions with their children, and whose skills set match mine....

















Here's the results after an art session with Freya. Didn't we do well?!!




Hush

I joined Instagram in April for one reason - to take part in the Hush Insta competitions for SS15! Needless to say I never won, but I have them to thank for drawing me to Instagram and making some fabulous new Insta friends ;o) So, roll on to AW15 and it looks like Hush have started their seasonal tease again! There are daily Insta posts to win pieces from their new collection - and guess what? I want it all so far!! Camel skirt for work, lilac jumper to wear with their new boyfriend jeans...I'll be tuning in daily - if not to win, but for a sneak peek at their lovely offerings.

I love their styling - this season promises all the usual Hush coolness, with the Hush comfort and cosy factor I know and love - check our their latest video - a very beautiful model with short hair! No more top knot! Whoop whoop!!




Jamaica

My Hubby has 2 real passions in life. Manchester United and trainers. I generally switch off on Manchester Utd matters, but do listen when he talks trainers! Here's his latest pair - Adidas Jamaica (part of their Island range) - they arrived today and I snapped him wearing them at work (we work together ;o) while zipping round on the office electric scooter. We're selling these so most of the team are now gliding experts - even to the extent of delivering a round of brews whilst gliding. Impressive stuff!

Who says these have to be for men? These Jamaican beauties are available in sizes 3.5 to 13. Don't hold back ladies!





As always, thanks for visiting my blog - I'd love to hear what trends you're looking out for this AW15 - new boots, the wool cape trend? Leather leggings? Shirt dress? What wardrobe gaps are you busy creating that will obviously need filling? Have you got your eye on a certain brand that's already showing signs of a promising new season? Get in touch and share ;o)



6 comments:

  1. The drawing looks great!, you did do well!!

    I only joined insta because Frankie was wearing her favorite GAP jumper and they were doing a competition.. we didn't win, but I feel like I did win.. I love instagram too.. such good fun xxx

    You are a great ambassador for Hush!!.. I hope you win something...anything.. it seems you love it all :-)

    can't comment on football or trainers.. not really me ;-D xxxxx

    Have a great week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claire - Hope your holiday week is going well - we have shocking weather up North today - hope you're getting a better deal wherever you are ;o) Missed seeing you on IG - looking forward to your return x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Argh my comment didn't publish!
    I was asking what had happened to your blog Claire! I enjoyed reading it! I have missed you on IG too but hope you're having a fun tech free holiday. Hope your blog returns on your return xx

    Still loving reading about your life, style and wants lifewithmulberry! (Just realised I don't know your name!)

    Btw this is mammaraff aka Carole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ps LOVE the art work!! So clever! Looks great Mrs Picasso!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carole - Thanks for plodding on reading my blog! Mrs Picasso a bit formal - my friends call me Nicole! Are you published now? Off to create a new blog post then will hunt you down ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Hi Nicole! Pleased to meet you! As of yet no I haven't! Had a bit of a bobbins week health wise so I'm behind with everything! I need to get the laptop out and have a mess about. I've also noticed you've all got co.uk addresses and I've got .com. Not sure what difference if any that will make. Once I've posted I'll let you know! Still no idea what I'll be writing about. Just ramblings probably! You've seen how long my IG posts are!

    ReplyDelete