On the blog.....

Monday 27 July 2015

The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Delivery 

After my fashion disappointments of last week, I'm happier to have started this week in a much improved fashion status. Three lovely deliveries were waiting for me upon my arrival at work today - what a treat! Here's what happened....

I'll start with the positives....the pinstripe Bardot from New Look is fantastic! It's 100% polyester and the quality is brilliant for the price (£17.99). As instructed by @susiesoso, I've removed the label at the back, as it does gape ever so slightly if worn higher on the shoulders. I think it's a winner with jeans, and the size 12 is a definite keeper. I love the sleeves and woven detail of the pinstripe.Thank you @susiesoso for such a great recommendation.


Pinstripe Bardot £17.99
Old Gap Jeans
Stan Smiths Adidas


When I ordered the Gladiator Sandals from Warehouse, two tops cheekily made their way into my basket - one sale buy for £15, and a full priced top for £32. The sale buy is this lovely gypsy top - another Bardot style, but again it looks better worn slightly higher. I love the detail around the bottom of the blouse - it's another keeper! I tried to take a photo of me wearing this - but none of the photo's did it justice - so here's a picture of someone who does make it look worthy....


Gypsy Texture Top
£15 - Warehouse


I've had my eye on this pretty lace top for ages - I did order it some time ago with 3/4 sleeves in a size 12 as that was all that was left in the sale. It was too tight, so this time I've sized up to a 14 with the short sleeve version. I love it! Wearable without a layer underneath - I think this is going to look great for evenings too with my black Hush Tux Jacket and jeans. Has a bit of a 70's vibe - a winner!






Lace Panel Tee
£32 Warehouse


Not so much of a winner were the Gladiator Sandals - they came up massive, so are not a keeper - should I order a size down - a 37? The jury's still out - I thought they shortened my legs....not something I need to promote!

The '& Other Stories' Pompom dress - where do I start? The pompoms were adorable, the fabric was super soft, the exposed zip at the back was nice detail. It was a problem that I couldn't fasten it even in the off white size 14. I didn't look anything like the model - I wanted effortless, floaty, carefree, romantic....what I got was more Melissa McCarthy in Bridesmaids. I should have realised - the fitted waist was a giveaway that it was never gonna happen. Ah well....








I do like Gap - I've mainly bought on holiday in Florida - not just because it's much cheaper, but because they seem to have better styles in their stores. Anyway, I'm on their mailing list, so randomly check out their offerings. The thing with Gap is that their offers change constantly - my day job in Marketing has taught me to wait for the weekend, and even better a weekend near payday when they have their best deals.

I hit the jackpot this weekend with 35% off full priced items - too good to miss - two items have been bagged and are winging their way to me. Both less than £20 and free delivery too. Fingers crossed....stay tuned for further news.

In Other News

After pledging to cut the crap on Saturday, I'm really quite pleased with myself for sticking to this Saturday and Sunday - not a drop of wine or sugary treat passed my lips. I won't lie - it made for a pretty dull weekend - I live to eat (and shop), and like to have something to look forward to - a bit of chocolate with a brew in the evenings, Sunday croissants with butter and jam, a couple of biscuits mid-morning....the list goes on. However, I do believe I'm starting to feel the benefits - not so tired, the tiniest hint that my trousers feel a bit slacker. With 3 weeks until my staycation in Scotland I pledge to plod on....

Thanks to all you lovely ladies for reading my blog and commenting - it really does make my day ;o) After the Bloglovin debacles of recent days, Hubby did an 'audit' of my blog and gave a loud *tut* that I didn't moderate my comments.

My post on Saturday received literally hundreds of views - I thought I'd struck blogging gold - I was bracing myself for a call from Woman & Home wanting to feature me as a 40's fashion blogging genius 'How a Mulberry purchase gave her purpose and changed her life..', but no - it turns out I've been spammed! So, although Bloglovin couldn't find me, spammers did....please don't be put off leaving a comment - I will moderate and you will be published!

Anyone had success with Gladiator Sandals? I need details - when, where, how, what!!

Thanks for reading xxx

7 comments:

  1. Great post!

    Really glad you have sorted some shopping 'wins' especially after last week...I really like all the things to be honest..

    I can't buy polyester though it makes me sweat.. :(

    If I had some spare money and a gap in my wardrobe the pom pom dress sounds perfect for me.. (I do really love it) and right now I can't find anything that fits me properly on the waist.. :(

    I worked out my blackspot blog lovin problem was an old browser - all updated and working now! Glad its all sorted for you too xxx I have added and followed you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole! I'm delighted that the New Look Bardot top worked for you - it's pretty easy to wear but I think it's 100% viscose and not polyester which makes it a bit nicer to wear on a warmer day. It looks good with the jeans and the Stans though. The Warehouse top looks really lovely too and what can I say about the Other Stories dress - I had a feeling it was not going to be a good dress for many because of the fixed waist. I had last years version and the waist is elasticated so it's a little more accommodating. I sized up in the dress as well.

    As for Gladiator sandals - I just didn't bother this time round. I don't have enough feet to get me through the pairs of sandals I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue! Finally found everyone's comments in 'Awaiting Moderation' section - I'm so technically challenged, it really is a miracle I've got this far! I wore the New Look top today for the first time - shame I didn't go anywhere, but it felt great all the same! Awaiting Topshop Fig Gladiator sandals being delivered - if these don't make the cut, I'm all done on the gladiator trend - lets face it - it will be over before I successfully wear a pair ;o)

      Elasticated waist would have been a better option - maybe next year! Thanks for reading Sue x

      Delete
  3. I've just found your blog and I'm so glad I did! Love the New Look top on you. Great buys!

    Good luck with the healthy eating! It'll all be worth it.

    Lynne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dorothy! Thanks so much for reading ;o)

      I'm clearly a little technically challenged as I didn't spot all the comments awaiting moderation!

      Healthy eating still going strong - I'm finding it helps not drinking - I'm not a big drinker, but the trouble is that just a sniff of wine seems to make me lose all sense of willpower and I think it's acceptable to eat whatever I can lay my hands on! It's a challenge all right......

      I loved seeing your Dorothy camper van on Insta today - it's absolutely gorgeous! I've spoken to so many people over the last few years who talk about owning one, but think you're the only person I've come across who's living the dream!

      Happy camping xxxx

      Delete
  4. Nicola/brumblodwyn28 July 2015 at 08:22

    I share your pain about the Other Stories dress I think the model they used was deceptively short as it came up much shorter on me I'm not that tall at 5'7'' I did also notice that their model was wearing a size 10 but she looked like an 8 to me so that is deceptive as well!! The waist was in the wrong place for me as well so it got sent back xxxx Nicola/brumblodwyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicola! Following spamming incident, it would obviously help if I looked for the comments awaiting moderation! Doh!

      Thanks so much for reading. That dress sizing was ridiculous! Before the first delivery arrived, I noticed a black 14 and 16 back in stock - which I snapped up without hesitation as well. Even the 16 didn't fit! What the heck!! So, there are currently 5 pompom dresses winging their way back - hope they make it all the way back to Holland otherwise this could get messy.....

      Very happy to hear it wasn't just me ;o) xxxx

      Delete