On the blog.....

Tuesday 11 August 2015

Remembering The Devil Wears Prada

The Body

I like to think of myself as low maintenance (?) - one £20 haircut every 5 weeks and a pedicure every 3 weeks during sandal wearing season. I don't ask for much! Last year we made the bold decision to get rid of our bath - it was dated, the room was cramped and the kids treated it like the local pool - the floor was usually swimming every bath time. Whilst it was a joy to clean and dry the floor every night, I decided to prepare for their teenage years early and had a double walk in shower and double sinks installed in their bathroom instead. It's a complete joy - no more soggy floors, quicker bath times (who can stomach full on bath time fun after school, tutor and brownies?). It was the right thing to do.


No more soggy floors ;o)


I haven't miss our bath since - however the downside is that this summer my feet are as tough as old boots. With no bath to soak them between pedicures I have dry skin to rival a working mule. So - old sick bucket in front of the TV? I don't think so! This week I have boosted at Tesco - an Elle Macpherson Foot Spa - £32 or free with £16 worth of clubcard vouchers. Lovely duck egg blue and white with bubbles and a massage function - beats an old bucket hands down.

I've given it a test drive tonight - think I may have overdone the bubble mixture as I had to keep getting out to decant the over following bubbles. Despite that it gets the thumbs up from me and youngest who has also sampled - he also tried his hands, and was just about to try his knees before I intervened....



A tad too many bubbles - think I need to adjust quantity ;o)



Gin Fixx

I met two lovely ex-colleagues at Harvey Nicols for cocktails last Saturday. We meet a couple of times a year and pick up right where we left off 11 years ago. We were Team Managers and had a boss to rival The Devil Wears Prada - 11 years later she always comes up in conversation, the difference is we can laugh about it now!

Both my lady friends were late - I didn't fancy running through the gauntlet of handbags and cosmetics again, so I thought I'd stay and have a look round the store.....What the heck? Really? I'm so out of touch with designer brands and their silly prices - nice jumper....£685, nice shoes...£720, nice coat....no idea - but the rack was wrapped with a security system, so I'm guessing they were over £100 ;o)

Unsurprisingly these Sophia Webster flamingo beauties caught my eye - I've no idea what they cost, and I've no intention of finding out - they're not for me (they would have been right up The Devil Wears Prada's street though...) but I do think they are fabulous...



Sophia Webster Flamingo Stiletto



I swear my eyes were watering - it makes me mad that there are people out there who pay these stupid prices for over priced items. Yes - they are usually made from better fabrics/wool, but what can justify those prices? Surely there are better worthy things to spend your money on when filthy rich?

I checked my phone and saw the post I'd been waiting for - Mrs P (Piedpiper7373) was through her op! My eyes watered again - for all the right reasons for my incredible Insta friend ;o)

Here are my good friends Sarah and Gill - they'll kill me for sharing...






Z

I've spotted a few posts on Insta recently raving about the new Z for Accessorize range - their new collaboration with Zara Simon. In their own words ' this seasons most sought after collection' - I needed to check it out!

The range was proudly being shown off at the front of the store - I can confirm it does seem to be sought after as there were lots of ladies politely nudging each other around the stand to try and get a good look and feel.

Lots of layered necklaces (my only experience with these is that they twist together rather annoyingly), stacking rings, statement - but delicate earrings and a few bracelets. They have a gold and silver plated selection - gold held the prime slot - and shiny gold at that. I picked up 3 pieces before realising that would amount to almost £50. Is that a good price for gold plated from Accessorize? I wasn't convinced.... I'm mulling this over - good news is that it's available online, so when I've mulled it over sufficiently I can buy online (and no doubt it will be sold out, but that's how I normally roll...).

There are some lovely pieces - it's pretty hard to choose. These are my favourites....



Cosmos Teardrop Pendant
£15 - Accessorize


Humbug Seedbead Tassel Slinky Earring
£12 - Accessorize


Mimi Layered Necklace
£17 Accessorize



Have you 'Boosted' at Tesco recently? Share your bargains! I was worried the foot spa would get relegated to the garage after a few weeks - tell me I'm wrong?!! If you were filthy rich would you blow your cash at Harvey Nicks? What do you think to the new Accessorize Z range - price acceptable?

Thanks for reading - more must have musings soon xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment