On the blog.....

Saturday 1 August 2015

In A Mood!

Revamp

I must admit that I've been putting off writing this blog post all week.....I'm officially over summer 2015 fashion buys - I have enough (OK - except for a pair of Topshop Fig Gladiator Sandals hopefully landing today - I will not give up!) - it's time to sit tight and wait for AW 2015 to land.

In the meantime, attention has turned to revamping our bedroom. It's currently white washed walls, white bedding, some throws, more white with shutters and an ageing Twiggy canvas. There are currently lots of style ideas floating around in my head - Flamingo wallpaper, pink lamps, easy like Sunday morning linen bedding, baskets....so I've decided to create an online mood board to sort it all out - hence the delay in writing this post - I've no idea how to do an online mood board.....

Some hours later.....here's my first Photoshop Mood Board attempt.....





1. Flamingo Wallpaper - Cole and Son. Flamingos - what's not to love?

2. Jielde Pink Lamp from Made in Design - £163! I love the pink and love the statement look of these lamps, but maybe not at that price! I've found a cheaper version at Cult Furniture, but damn and blast, they have every colour but pink - typical!

3. French Linen bed linen - I've always had white Egyptian Cotton bed linen, but like the lived in, muted colours of 100% linen bedding. Not sure I'm brave enough to move away from white, so think this is a good choice from Soak & Sleep. Will the linen creases drive me mad? Please advise!

4. Love the on trend dipped mix of ceramic and concrete - nice choice from Cox & Cox.

5. For my pile of scarves - has to be this from Pea Style.

6. My Insta signature shaker - always a place for this ;o)

7. I'm a big fan of Melin Tregwynt - beautifully woven cushions and throws made in Wales. The blue throw was a wedding gift from this store and the chunky beige throw was an extravagant sale purchase from The White Company a couple of years ago - no regrets though, it's lovely!

8. Existing La Cerise Sur Le Gateau cushion from Selfridges. I love the uber cool mix of Liberty print with the silhouette of a lady holding a cigarette ;o)

9. Old pine chair - bought for Hubby's home office several years ago, relegated to our bedroom - love it!

So - enquiries made with a decorator as there is no way I'm wallpapering - painting not a problem, but don't fancy my chances with the lovely flamingo paper! Looking forward to showing off some pictures when I reach the other side of the revamp.....


Revamped

My parents are already through to the other side....My Mum has been busy revamping their bedroom too - new wardrobe doors, freshly painted walls, lovely new bedding and cushions, new lamps and a picture. Very proud of their achievements and certainly worthy of sharing!



M&S and John Lewis Cushions,
Print also from John Lewis


Palace

Finally - If we're all getting a revamp, it's only fair to include Miss Jazzy - her home, often referred to as the hamster 'Palace' could soon be getting a new piece of furniture....given that she doesn't stand still for more than 3 seconds, I'm not sure this latest trend will catch on!






A hamster hammock would surely
be a worthy addition to this Palace?


Anyone out there tried and tested 100% linen bedlinen? Will I need to spend way too much time at the ironing board for this trend? Will I have to do some prep work on my OCD tendencies of needing smooth neat surfaces to embrace linen? Will the hamster appreciate a hammock? Comments and thoughts always appreciated....

2 comments:

  1. Truthfully it's cotton all the way for me.. (sheets)
    Love the flamingo wallpaper v much!!! A liberty print is always fabulous... Your parents have done a lovely job and I know you will too.. looking forward to seeing the finished results...
    Finally.. hammocks for hamsters? Really? 😀😁! Xxxxx

    Great mood board by the way! Hope my comments make sense am typing on my tablet and the print is tiny!!! Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found a few comments in 'Awaiting Moderation' section! Note to self - check 'Awaiting Moderation' section!!!

    Decorator called me back - wants to come mid-August! Heck - not sure I'll be ready for then, but must admit it would be great to see it done....we'll see. I've a bad feeling about 100% linen - people love cotton for a reason!!!

    Off to take the hamster a Pina Colada to enjoy on her hammock ;o)) xxx

    ReplyDelete