On the blog.....

Tuesday 21 July 2015

Challenges

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Lindt


Let Battle Commence ;o)


It's true what they say - we can't be good at everything. I'm very lucky that both my children perform well at school and are apparently impeccably behaved - really? My daughter's weakness (like mine when I was at school) is maths - so for the past couple of years she's had a tutor and she's slowly pulling up her grade.

She hates maths - we have many, many battles getting through homework, so its a sore subject for both of us! Since she's about to start Year 6, I'm determined not to let her slide backwards over the Summer holidays - how do I tackle this?

School send home her 'Click' test every Friday - untimed and marked out of 10. I've kept them from recent weeks (scores range from 3 to 9). I should mention at this point that also like me she loves chocolate - all kinds, she's not fussy, although she is partial to Lindt (also like me ;o).

So we've come up with the Lindt Challenge......she needs to complete one click test every day during the holidays and if she completes it without moaning (it doesn't have to be right - I'm hoping that will come) she gets one Lindt! There has to be zero whinging. A paddy of any sort means she still has to do the work, but I get to keep the Lindt!  We're on day 4 and so far she has gained 4 chocolates and I've gained none. Looking good. I'll keep you posted!


Yoga

Earlier this year I decided I needed to revisit yoga. I've practised yoga on and off since I was a teenager. I have a gym membership and swim on a regular basis, but I've tried their yoga classes and wasn't keen. The instructor was a battle axe who could crack walnuts between her buttocks - I was too scared to go back.

Not willing to pay for a class since I have this membership, I took to You Tube to see what was on offer. Apparently lots of free exercise videos - who knew?

'Yoga with Adriene' caught my eye - she has loads of videos online, including a 30 Day Challenge - all free! So, I started the 30 day challenge and was hooked. Every video is between 15 and 30 minutes long and suitable for beginners, which was good as I was a little rusty.

She's based in Austin, Texas and is just lovely y'all! A lovely attitude to the practise without any annoying cheese.... I got to the end of the challenge in February and felt brilliant. She has a lot of 'Fat Burning' and 'Weight Loss' videos on there too - beware they are pretty tough. I'm thinking I need to revisit the 30 Day Challenge soon - what am I waiting for? Check out her You Tube Channel here.



Orla Kiely Yoga Goodies
Target USA - Well, I need to look the part ;o)


Twiggy

I bought this pixel Twiggy canvas from Habitat several years ago and loved it. She's had pride of place in our bedroom, but I feel the time has now come to retire Twiggy.


Happy Retirement Twiggy x


I've been on the look out for a suitable replacement without success - we simply can't agree. Another challenge! My latest idea is to wallpaper the entire wall, making a feature, and therefore eliminating the need for a picture! Result!

I've got a bit of a passion for flamingos, and have always loved this wallpaper from Cole & Son. I never imagined I would find a use for it, but have continued to admire from afar. I've ordered a sample and I'm giving this some serious thought.





I've always steered clear of wallpaper - I prefer clean painted walls. However, last year we dipped our toes into the world of wallpaper with this fabulous paper which is perfect for horse mad eldest. Hubby has given the flamingo wallpaper idea the thumbs up. Of course I'll need new lamps, bedding and cushions too, but that's just small details he doesn't need to worry (know) about.....watch this space ;o)



Gymkhana Wallpaper
£70 per roll - Rockett St George


5 comments:

  1. I *love* the flamingo wallpaper!

    ... sounds like you have the maths thing under full control.. good stuff, we need to do this...

    I keep considering pilates.. I am still in the considering stage though.. (it's been about 3 years so far), I think you can rush into these things xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, maybe yoga would be better, I may add it to my ' being considered' list...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maths update.....Son found stash of Lindt and helped himself to rather a lot - not happy, but can't fault his good taste. It's killing me not eating any!!

      Check out Adriene - I feel like I know her personally after our 30 days together! Never tried pilates - sounds difficult!!

      Delete
  3. I think I'll check out the yoga. I wallpapered a bedroom this year. Ditzy pink flowers. I blogged about it in April I think. My aim was to cover bright red paint youngest had put up on the walls in there. Love your flamingoes though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna! I feel like I know you ladies well through Insta! I must check out your blog...I'm trying to work out Bloglovin at the moment and sort out a reading list. I can't seem to get my blog listed on there and I'm tying myself in knots trying to work it out!

      I went on the Cole & Son website, and it looks like that colour flamingo wallpaper has changed - there's plenty of stock kicking about on other websites but I think I need to speed up the decorating process!! x Thanks so much for reading x

      Delete