On the blog.....

Saturday 25 July 2015

Not Angry, Just Disappointed...

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Disappointments

This week has been a total fashion disappointment. As you know, I don't consider myself a trend setter, but I have done some serious fashion stalking on Insta this week. Here's the low down on what caused my credit card to go into overdrive this week....

Black culottes - as seen on @myfashionable40s - she looked stunning in these - worn with all black. I needed them! They were a total bargain in the sale at £15! So I clicked happy and ordered a 12 and 14 confident one would be a success. Wrong! It appears you need a waist for high waisted culottes - I struggled to fasten the 14 (whilst sobbing). I showed Hubby and eldest - words like 'back cleavage' and 'seriously uncomfortable' were made out amongst the gaggle of laughter - refund please!


Tuck Front Culottes
Reduced again to £10! - Warehouse


Next on my hit list was the boyfriend shirt from Hush - not seen on anyone, just hopefully me ;o) I ordered the size 12 - way too big! I should have ordered the 10 - but still looked a little too starchy and rigid for my liking. It did look to have the potential to soften with a wash, but the collar was very manly and drowned me a little - refund please!


Boyfriend Shirt
£25 - Hush


I could kick myself over this one - seen a number of times on bloggers, such as @schoolrunstyle - OK I was drawn in by the promise of rows of tiny pompoms -  I've dithered so much that stock is now depleated. I'm referring to this dress from & Other Stories.... a new website to me, so I have no idea about their sizing and quality, but thought I would give them a go. Sadly they only had the equivalent of a 12 left in black, but a full range of sizes in off-white. I've ordered the one 12 in black and a 12 and 14 in the off-white - after all, I have been looking for a white dress this summer - another box ticked.

I was twitchy with excitement yesterday about my parcel arriving at work - which soon turned to another disappointment when I found out the courier was due way after I left work for the day - noooooooo!! I've checked - it's now been signed for and is waiting on my desk for my arrival Monday morning. It has a fitted wasit - I'm seriously concerned it will be another 'refund please!'.


PomPom Trim Dress
Now £27 - &OtherStories


I've been after a bardot shirt top for a while after seeing many lovely ladies on Insta wearing the Asos version. Again, late to the trend party, it's sold out. However this week blogger @susiesoso wore a lovely version from New Look that I plunged for. Ordered in a 12 and 14 for good measure. Yet to arrive, hoping for good news on this purchase....what can possibly go wrong?




Lastly - another as seen by me....after a gladiator conflab with my Mum, I've ordered these beauties from Warehouse - just the right amount of ankle action for me. Also available in black. Due next week sometime - I'm crossing my toes for happy times with these sandals.


Gladiator Sandals
 £32 - Warehouse


Sugar

Right before our Easter holiday, I dieted and managed to shift half a stone - I felt great, so much more energy and everything fitted like a dream. Fast forward just 4 months and it appears that half stone has crept back on ;o(

Jeans are pinching a little, tops are strained - all for a niggly half stone! Plus, I can't tell you how tired I've felt this week - and it should have been an easy week - no after school activities to rush to, no pressing homework to nag about (Lindt Challenge still on target btw). So, I've made a pact with myself to cut the crap starting today and hopefully I'll see at least a couple of pounds off this time next week.

But that doesn't stop you eating and me just window shopping right? Insta is such a massive inspiration, awash with hidden talent! I came across this lady - @ninavictoriacupcakes (no website as yet). Fancy cupcakes are lovely, nothing new about that though - in fact I can now just about manage a fancy buttercream swirl myself. However, I think her designs take the fancy cupcake to the next level! I contacted her and asked if it was OK to give her a mention and show some of her photos. It was a 'yes' from NinaVictoria - well if I could produce these amazing cupcakes, I'd want to shout about them from cupcake heaven......












All photos and beautiful cupcakes
 courtesy of NinaVictoriaCupcakes


In Other News This Week...

I've signed up to new app 'MyEye' (@myeye or www.myeye.world) - a baby of David Beckham it seems. It's the video version of Insta - although yet to work it all out! Still in it's infancy - so far I've managed to sign up and check out a few videos. Not sure I get up to much worthy of videoing - so far I've watched Liv Tyler in a taxi! Would anyone want to watch me in a taxi? I think not, although I do feel very down with the kids for signing up ;o)

When I should have been writing this blog post mid week, I confess I was busy catching up on my trashy TV fix - namely US Mistresses (I'm on track with Season 3) and the not so trashy Suits (on track with season 5 and still lusting over Harvery and Mike Ross) - Hubby downloads them from cyber space for me - I've been impatiently waiting on Suits to arrive in cyber space - and woohoo this week it did! Managed to watch 5 episodes in one sitting....




So, little wonder I've felt so tired this week! Have you done any style stalking you'd like to fess up to? I can't do anymore  - Good God it's exhausting! I'd love to know who you follow for fashion tips. Love to hear from anyone out there lunging from one fashion disaster to another like me this week! Which TV boxset has you pulling an all-nighter?

Thanks for reading ;o))

4 comments:

  1. I *love* the pom pom dress.. but maybe I just love pom poms? (adore all the scarves flying around with pom poms on too..) getting the right fit is always a nightmare, the store sizes very so wildly ..

    I love the bardot top that @susiesoso has, and I like the way she wears it.. (as in not off the shoulder)..I guess not really being a fashion person at all, I'm not best qualified to judge.. I like the Hush shirt, but if it's rigid and uncomfortable it's the sort of thing that would simply hang in the wardrobe and not get worn..

    Why don't you get yourself a nice flowery number from Cath Kidston? .. ;-D (just kidding..I think you have a great sense of style,and you always look fabulous..)

    I hate buying online to be fair, I would rather go in, touch the material and see what fits! the whole post thing is just anxiety inducing (for me) so I try to avoid, and thought of returns? urrgghh too much time at the post office...

    send your half a stone over my way, I will happily have it off you..

    The cupcakes look amazing - really clever and professional, I must do an insta follow!!

    Great post.. but really , less box set and more sleep ... xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you this week when I got the same Cath Kidston brochure in the post!

    Wouldn't it be great if we could 'weight swap'! Answer to all our problems! Thanks for reading xxx

    PS - Yes, I'm well known at my local PO ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Carole aka mammaraff! Can only post as anonymous it seems!

    I spent way too much on the phase eight sale yesterday and have a feeling none of it will fit! I'm a steroid induced 16/18 and creeping up as my steroids increase! Cue puffy face, swollen hands and feet/ankles and an increasingly barrel resembling middle! Nothing I want to wear looks good! But I adapt ;) so far this summer it's involved lots of baggy linen tops apparently referred to as lagenlook!

    Love your sense of style both clothes wise and your home. At 41 I still haven't really decided where I fit!

    Suits...love it! No one else has ever heard of it! Harvey gets better and better. We watch via the interweb thingy and have caught up with the US. We are always on the look out for the next box set. Youngest is home from uni and I love that there are things we can watch and enjoy as a family. It's a bit strange when your daughters start fancying the same guys as you though!

    I'm new to the world of blog reading. Is there a way of having your favourites in one place? Loving your blogs ladies. I have them open as constant windows on my iPhone so I can access them whenever. Keep them comin'! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole! Thanks for your lovely comments - I'm hating the sound of steroids - poor you x Glad to hear you're adapting and keeping positive ;o) Don't let these pesky steroids stop you shopping and feeling great about yourself!

      I love, love Suits! Like you - only ever found 1 other person who watches it, and he was a bloke, so couldn't gush about my Mike Ross crush!! Do you think Harvey & Donna will get it together by the end of this season? What's with Rachel and the funny look about babies? Hope she doesn't mess my Mike around ;o) Roll on next download from cyber space!!

      I've just discovered BlogLovin - you can get it as an app or on desktop. It's packed full of blogs, and you can created a reading list of your favourites and they ping onto your feed. Very clever! All the Insta favourites are on there - except me ;o( Can't get my blog listed for love nor money! I'm not giving up though!

      Thanks for reading - it makes me very happy!
      Think if you log into your google account you can comment as you - I'm no expert though!!! Technically challenged....xxx

      Delete