On the blog.....

Thursday 9 July 2015

Icon

Bardot

Anyone remember the scene from Educating Rita - the lady sitting at the hairdressers stating 'I want to look like that' pointing to a picture of Lady Di? Well I want to look like this.....


Screen Goddess Bridget Bardot


So in my quest to get the Bardot look, I've been on the look out for this seasons must have dress - The Bardot. I spotted this amazing stripy dress from Topshop a few weeks ago and thought it was gorgeous. I clocked Lisa Snowden wearing it on the daily sidebar of shame, and still didn't make a move to buy it. As always I'm trailing on this trend, and now I've decided to join in - what do you know? It's out of stock! Here it is anyway for you to admire from a distance, same as me....


Bardot Dress Topshop
Don't bother - it's OOS!


Also noticed this beauty during my search...



Embroidered Bardot Dress
£50 - TopShop


I love the embroidered detail and quite like the colour, it would look lovely for a special occassion - sorry not feeling the love for those shoes - I would probably wear with a pair of Palmairas Sandals.

This also came up on by Bardot radar from Warehouse - it's not for me - looks a little too fitted and I prefer a slightly looser, forgiving style. I do think it's a lovely dress - maybe you could pull it off?


Wavy Lace Bardot Dress
£52 - Warehouse


Last up - hot off the press - new in at Mango - their Ruffle Dress. Lovely casual and loose! Seems to be out of stock in a few sizes, but hoping more may come in...they also have this in a chambray blue colour if you prefer.....Looks pretty short on this model - won't be a problem for me though, probably more likely knee length!


Ruffle Dress
£34.99 - Mango

Rubbersole

A cheeky sale purchase to share! I quite like buying ahead for the next season in a sale - I'm not adverse to buying for AW now if it means I can save a few pounds a couple of months down the line..... I'm partial to Ash shoes and this season and last season Hush have been selling a pair of their Jess Boots for £159.

I've managed to bag a pair from Rubbersole in their sale for just less than £100 delivered. I searched online for a Rubbersole discount code and found one without too much trouble. They fit well and I think they'll get a lot of use when Autumn kicks in. I love the skull detail on the zip - very rock & roll ;o)

Jess Boots
£127.19 - Rubbersole


Reading

I've almost reached the end of my latest read - The Last Days Of Rabbit Hayes by Anna McPartlin. It's been a bit of a slow read for me (my new blog and Insta take the blame for this!), but a great read all the same. It tells the story of Rabbit Hayes as she spends her final days in a hospice. The tale is of her close-knit family, the lost love of her life and who will look after Rabbit's teenage daughter Juliet when the inevitable happens. Juliet's realisation that her Mother is not going to get better is utterly heart-breaking.

Yes as you would expect it's a real tear jerker, but it hasn't stopped me wanting to read on to find out what happens in her final hours. I love the subtle humour of the book too - particularly her 'Ma & Pa'. Has anyone else read this? I'd love to hear your thoughts! If you haven't read it and don't mind a weepy read - give it a go!




No comments:

Post a Comment