On the blog.....

Sunday 5 July 2015

Twinset & Other Pearls

Twinset

Yep - it's back! The twinset! Lots of all important questions spinning around my head - What colour knit do I wear? Do I wear with pearls? Do I fasten the cardi? Do I drape the cardi casually over my shoulders? Can I wear with jeans?

Before I make another fashion faux pas, I think I need to research this new trend a little more...

Several searches later it's all clearer. Yep - I'm fashionably clueless. The new twin set trending is matching tops and bottoms. Nice. How do I crow bar this trend into my wardrobe and manage to look as chic as Victoria Beckham?


Love this take on matching top & bottom on VB

So, I've spent plenty of time scouring the internet in search of a suitable affordable version and surprisingly the only resemblance is this twinset from TopShop. At £160 for the set, I think it's pretty pricey, but unless you want to show off your midriff Taylor Swift style, the options seem pretty limited. Note to retailers: I didn't show off my midriff pre-kids, so it's certainly never going to happen post-kids.....


Striped Tee & Wide Leg Trousers
£160 - Boutique at TopShop

Has anyone out there managed to nail the twinset look? If you have, show and tell! Is the twinset here to stay? There needs to be more wearable versions out there for it get my vote I'm afraid....

Pizza Oven

We've debated the pros and cons of spending a crazy amount of money on an outdoor pizza oven for many years. This year Hubby spotted the perfect version in Costco for an undisclosed sum of money.

Given that most couples enjoy a child-free city break for a special wedding anniversary, we've justified our spend by not indulging in such frivolities for our 15th anniversary - who would want three days and nights reliving their pre-kids days anyway? (OK Me - but I'll settle on some home made pizzas for now ;o)

First attempt was a minor disaster, but second attempt was spot on - I think I could get used to this!

Fully assembled and fired up


Blazing with first pizza cooking


Didn't quite go to plan
- little bit charred, let's quickly move on....


Perfect crispy base - spot on!
 Think we've got the hang of this now!

Envy

A good friend and her Hubby have just finished their garden after several weeks of hard graft constructing decking, making and painting planters and generally making their garden look picture perfect. They held a BBQ today, and I have to say their efforts are pretty fabulous!

Corner sofa from Next, cushions from
TK Maxx and Homesense

Hand-made table & bench - clever clogs!



I wore this Hush Clovelly Beach dress for the first time - it looked pretty and was perfect for the garden party - until the heavens opened and we spent the rest of the afternoon looking out from under a gazebo - curse you British weather...you spoil all our fun.


Clovelly Beach Dress
Hush £55


P.S

Speaking of Hush - Great news! Their Summer Sale starts Tuesday 0.01am! Crazy time, but I'm happy to roll with it....Do I stay up and be amongst the first to shop, or take my chances and shop as I wake Tuesday morning? Clearly, I'll need to put some thought into this matter Monday evening...






No comments:

Post a Comment