On the blog.....

Thursday 2 July 2015

Mr & Mrs

Hitched

In 1998 we decided we needed to do something memorable in the year 2000....the best we could come up with was to get married in our 10th year together, so we popped off to Mauritius (as you do minus kids with a job in travel ;o) and got engaged!

Two years later we returned to marry. Fuss free, a ceremony in the gardens overlooking a picture perfect beach - just the two of us. Hubby played golf in the morning, I chilled by the pool - left my lounger at 3pm and we were married by 4.15pm. Quick change of clothes and we were treated to the best table in the restaurant overlooking the Indian Ocean - it was a truly perfect day and a truly perfect holiday. We planted a palm tree in the gardens - maybe we'll return one day and see how it's grown....

That's 15 years ago - 3rd July 2000. I'm not big on declaring my love and happiness to everyone and anyone who will listen, just to the person who needs to know. And he does. Here's how we looked back in the day - less muffin top for me and fewer grey hairs for Hubby!


The new Mr & Mrs
3rd July 2000


Dress by Anna Christina



Tray

Since vintage became trendy, I've always had my eyes peeled for a printer's tray. I'd checked Ebay many times, but wasn't sure what I was really looking for - some looked too battered, others looked too new, many were over priced!

I spotted THE perfect printers tray in a cool London corner cafe/shop. At £50 I thought it was a good deal, so bought it there and then. Once home I wondered if I had wasted my money - I always have grand craft ideas, but the fact of the matter is I have very little patience and I have very little talent  - I'm far better at sourcing from a genuine crafter and paying up for whatever I fancy - usually works out cheaper in the long run and much less fraught!

I spent the next couple of weeks ordering wallpaper samples online - some were free, some cost a few pounds. I cleaned up the tray, cut out the little shapes and used some of the kid's glue to stick into place.

Now home to our collection of Sonny Angels, beach finds and small artwork sent home from school. OK - I'm pretty proud of the results.


Printer's Tray
Home to our collection of treasured tat!


Peastyle

I love discovering stylish, cool, beautiful, individual shops - usually on holiday when I have the time to wonder round - strangely I also get that thrill when I discover a new, cool, stylish website. Peastyle.co.uk ticks all the above adjectives and then some.

Not just homewares they also have a lovely affordable range of silver and gold plated jewellery, and a great selection of one off furniture, also pretty affordable. My wish list is basket and jewellery - not that I need either, just want both ;o)


Seagrass Basket
From £19.50 Pea Style


Chevron Necklace
£8.95 Pea Style



Open Circle Ring
£8.95 Pea Style

No comments:

Post a Comment