On the blog.....

Sunday 19 July 2015

The Boden Edit

Boden 

I spend a small fortune every year at Boden. This time not on me - my children are Boden wearers through and through. When I had my daughter 10 years ago cool children's clothes stores were few and far between. That all changed for me when a Boden catalogue landed through my letterbox - I was hooked! I love their bright funky designs and the fact that their children's clothes are designed for children rather than Mini Me.

So, twice a year we look through their catalogue together and add clothes to our shopping basket - simples. I know their sizing, I know their quality, and best of all it's free delivery and returns. Hats off to Johnnie Boden for making my children's clothes shopping such a breeze over the past ten years ;o)

Their Womens Collection on the other hand is a different story. Occasionally they come up with a worthy offering, but in my opinion their marketing shots are always far nicer than the actual products in the flesh - their models and very clever styling could make a potato sack look desirable - sorry Johnnie - I've tried many times....

A couple of years ago they seemed to be steering away from yummy mummy prints, but I'm disappointed that their range is flooded with them again this new season. However, not to be deterred, I've taken a look at their new season stock and I've found a few worthy contenders.....

I love the soft colour and cozy look of this cardigan - I'm liking the look with these jeans and soft pink heels - cut away too which I love!

Relaxed Mohair Cardigan
£62.10 - Boden


I like white dresses for AW - I bought the Hush Pebble dress in white last year and enjoyed wearing it with thick tights and biker boots - this dress would look lovely with said tights and maybe some metallic shoes for a night out?


Mollie Jacquard Dress
£80.10 - Boden


Bring on sports luxe! Lovely, comfy and oh so stylish. These are available in black and blue - I quite like the camel colour worn with black - this particular outfit is a little too pastel looking for my liking, but lovely all the same.



Jade Jogger Pants
£62.10 - Boden


This blouse is exactly what I'm referring to! Looks fabulous on this lady - more Thomas Cook 1996 on me. I love the pink jeans though. I've never owned pink pants, but think I would quite like to - blancmange anyone? I'd wear with black biker boots and an over sized black top to balance the outfit...


Mid Rise Skinny Jeans
£53.10 - Boden


I don't think anyone could go wrong with this white lace sweatshirt - unless you have an altercation with a bottle of ketchup, then I suspect it would be game over....



Pretty Lace Sweatshirt
£62.10 - Boden


This cheeky necklace reminds me a little of Tatty Devine. Not a bad little piece - nice to jazz up a plain top and add some funk to your look....



London Necklace
£22.50 - Boden


Gramography

I credit Hubby with alerting me to the new sister website of Firebox - Gramography. The kings of cool gadgets over at Firebox have come up with the brilliant idea of printing your Insta photo's - Polaroid style snaps, cushions, grid prints, heart collage, canvas, t-shirts.....with the promise of new products to follow!

Cleverly designed so that when you log in via Insta, you see your posts on their products - all the more tempting to buy! I'm thinking I really must do something with our holiday photos from earlier this year - a collage maybe?


Grid Print
From £24.99 - Gramography


12 Prints
£9.99 - Gramography

And Finally!

For anyone who saw my last post and is keen to know how the dungaree shorts faired - read on!

It was given that eldest would love her dungas.....well done Boden x





Boden Dungaree Shorts
£28 - Boden

Not so straight forward for me! I ordered the 14 as I wanted a baggy look - they arrived and I was pretty pleased with the results, although was niggled that they were too baggy. I dragged youngest to my local Topshop and managed to swap them for a 12 - result! I celebrated by having afternoon tea at M&S (great value at £12.95 for 2 - you should try it!).

My verdict? I'm loving the idea that they cover all my wobbly bits, now all cleverly hidden behind the front bib! They've also rejuvenated some tees that were a little too snug around my middle to wear with shorts (pesky muffin top) - these tees are now perfect for wearing with dungarees. I've worn them lots around the house to build up my confidence, but had to laugh when I was stood at my front door talking to a neighbour and a friend went jogging past - she almost tripped up checking out my dungaree ensemble!! 

So in summary - a great purchase, will wear lots - just probably not around people I know ;o)



Dungaree Shorts
£38 - Topshop





3 comments:

  1. Laughing out loud because I am reading your blog page whilst I'm wearing a 'yummy mummy' boden print dress .. Ps. I think you look great in the top shop dungaree shorts.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Hello Yummy Mummy Clairemb12 and thank you x

    I bet you carry the look off way better than I ever have! I've tried many in the past, and am forced to admit that I am a Plain Jane of the fashion world - the plainer it is, the better I seem to look.....images are so tempting, so no doubt I'll be lured in by another yummy mummy print in the future ;o) Loving some of their plainer items though - keep thinking about that cardi......!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Todays Boden is a very old and dour number.. The best thing about plainer items is that you have more chance to accessorise? The pieces are more versatile, and it isin't so 'obvious', so really I'm with you, plainer is better!.. It did make me smile though this morning!! :-)

    Thank you again for taking time to read my diary blog.. I am still finding my way with it all, and trying to work out if I can actually write? I don't have a particular interest or anything special to add, so I don't think it will gain mass appeal but it's giving me something to do! Surely that's a good thing??!! xx

    ReplyDelete