On the blog.....

Tuesday 7 July 2015

The Handbag!

Mulberry

I haven't owned that many handbags - it's true! I didn't really discover the delights of designer handbags until my early thirties - my first purchase was a Furla shopper bought in Madrid, followed by two more Furla bags that were given to me as gifts.

Then Mulberry came onto my handbag radar! I was lucky enough to receive their Alexa bag as a gift for my 40th birthday, followed by their Daria Satchel from Hubby last Christmas. Somewhere in between I was given a Mulberry purse, and next on my Mulberry hit list is a clutch - Santa if you're reading.....?

I posted this photo on Insta this morning for todays #mystylephotochallenge - Handbag.....a selection of my finest....



Scottish

I love a good clutch bag - makes me feel grown-up and elegant - something that doesn't come naturally to me! I always use a clutch on a night out, although now my children are growing up, I'm hoping to use them more for daytime too - pretty daring I know.

Top left is an old favourite. It cost around £20 and was bought during a Scottish break from a shop called Cureo - run by Caroline Marr based at Harestanes Visitor Centre near Jedburgh in the lovely Scottish Borders. She owns a little work shop in the grounds of the centre - packed full of lovely leather goodies!

The visitor centre has a fabulous outdoor play area and nature walk. When we visit Scotland I'm often heard asking the kids if they want to go with a picnic in my best Mother of the Year voice - oh, and maybe we'll have time for Mum to pay a visit to Cureo? My little suede initial clutch has enjoyed many a great night out - and I promise never to neglect it if Mulberry clutch ever comes to live with us....

Middle left and middle right are from Hush - this season, no introduction necessary. They add interest to any outfit, especially the pom pom bag - it looks brilliant against a black dress.

Danish

Top middle, top right and bottom right are from Skagen. OK - I'll come clean here. I bought all three during our recent holiday in Florida - from a Premium Outlet Mall no less. All three came to around £150 - they are amazing quality and I love the simple lines and classic design, typical of this Danish brand. View their range here - I give myself a little whoop whoop that I was lucky enough to find the Skagen store and bag these bargains - the odds were seriously stacked against me with two moaning children in tow....

French

Bottom middle - last, but by no means least is my Longchamps bag - a Christmas gift from my parents a couple of years ago. Such a brilliant, hardwearing bag - even folds up for storing! Used for everything from work to holidays - it makes a great travelling companion - doesn't scratch, and doesn't mind being shoved under seats on an aircraft. Great value too at less than £100. In fact, I wouldn't mind another of these in a different colour (Mulberry clutch first though please Santa...)

PS

The Mulberry Sale is in full swing - love this clutch! It's reversible! Two for the price of one!

Campden Large Clutch in Oxblood & Black Silky Leather
Was £750, now £450

Flipped over - now black!
Very clever





No comments:

Post a Comment